Saturday, May 11, 2019 at Waterside District
2018 Prices & Registration Coming Soon!
Online registration ends 11:59pm Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
Registration Also Available at Packet Pick Up.
|Race||1/1/18||2/1/18||3/1/18||4/1/18||Packet Pick Up & Race Day|
|8K Adult or Child||$45||$50||$55||$60||$65|
|1 Mi / 2 Mi - Adult||$35||$40||$45||$50||$55|
|1 Mi / 2 Mi - Child (17yr & under)||$10||$10||$15||$15||$20|
Tentative Start Times
6:30am - Registration Opens
7:40am - Team Hoyt & Ainsley's Angels Start
7:45am - 8K Start
7:50am - 8K Strollers Start - All Riders must be registered
8:45am - 2 Mile Walk Start / Beer Tent Opens
TBD - 8K Awards - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall Men & Women
9:20am - 1 Mile FunRun Warm Up
9:30am - 1 Mile FunRun Start
TBD - Team Award Photos
TBD - Blue Moon Tap House OPEN
*All roads open by TBD
- Absolutely no refunds (including the unlikely event the race is cancelled due to inclement weather, for the safety of participants)
- No transfers to another person
- After April 11th, all race changes must be made at packet pick up. Fees may apply.
- Parents that want to run with their kids must register due to safety and liability insurance rules.
It is imperative that the registration data associated to your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant. From race results to finishers’ awards being impacted, as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment.
BUSY RACE DAY? - REGISTER FOR A VIRTUAL RACE:
Packet Pick Up
Packet Pick up locations are as follows:
- May 9th from 12:00 p.m. noon - 6:30 p.m., Running Etc., 1940 Laskin Rd. #302, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 (757) 491-2340 **
- May 10th from 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Blue Moon Taphouse, Waterside District in Norfolk (333 Waterside Dr. Norfolk, VA, 23510)
- May 11th – Race Day Packet Pick Up Blue Moon Taphouse's back patio deck, at Waterside District in Norfolk, begins at 6:30 a.m. **
*No TEAM PACKET PICKUP
*If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number - NO EXCEPTIONS.
*If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID - NO EXCEPTIONS. CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE AUTHORIZATION FORM. You may pick up a family member's race packet as long as you have the same last name and you have your ID.
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFORMATION
1-mile Course Map
2-mile Course Map
8k Course Map
Event Venue - Waterside District
- All participants will receive finisher medals.
- Top 8k finishers overall, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place men's & women's awards; which will be presented on Race Day.
- Age group awards for top finishers in the 8k Run will be MAILED to winners the following week. Age increments for awards are as follows:
|12 & under||30 - 34||55 - 59|
|13 - 15||35 - 39||60 - 64|
|16 - 19||40 - 44||65 & over|
|20 - 24||45 - 49|
|25 - 29||50 - 54|
Team Awards will be presented to the:
- Team with the most participants*
- Team that raised the most in donations/pledges*
- CHKD team with the most participants*
- CHKD team that raises the most in donations/pledges*
- KD Circle team with the most participants*
- KD Circle team that raises the most in donations/pledges*
*Winning results are based on registrations and money collected online by
12pm May 2, 2019.
We are proud to announce:
8k winners in each age group and overall top place 8k winners will receive a gift certificate to Running, Etc.
Running, Etc. is a running company locally owned and operated since 1986. With over 22 years in business, it takes great pride in carrying the largest selection of running gear in the Mid-Atlantic region. Well respected and trusted by the local medical professionals and the local running community, their goal is to be considered one of the best running stores in the country. Running Etc. is staffed with runners who care, and serves world-class athletes, local competitors, recreational runners and beginners of all ages. Visit Running, Etc. Site.
Presented by the Virginia Beach Mayor's Youth Leaders in Action
Bring the whole family to run or walk and then explore some of the family friendly activities in the Kid Zone! This expanded fun-filled area will include multiple activity stations for everyone to participate in, as well as corn hole, hula-hoops, face painting and the chance to meet CHKD's Healthy Bear. Designed for all ages, so families are encouraged to come out and enjoy the many activities together.
For Your Safety
Weather forecasts are tracked before the race for heavy rain, thunder and lightning, high winds and extreme heat. If there is a possibility of threatening weather, information will be posted on our RunWalk Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RunWalkfortheKids/ or this website home page, so that runners/walkers can prepare for severe weather during the race as well as possible course changes, delayed start, etc. Safety of all participants is priority.
On race day, the Medical and Race Directors along with the City of Norfolk and Norfolk Police Department will decide if any changes will be made to the race/s. The race start time can change, the race can be postponed or the event can be cancelled. No Refunds will be given if the event is cancelled due to severe weather. (Water, fog and high winds may cause the course(s) to be changed or shortened.)
Visible lightning will cause the race to be delayed until lightning stops.
If high winds are present, extra care will be taken to secure race signage, start and finish areas, mile markers, banners, timing clocks and other equipment. Extreme winds may cause the race to be postponed.
Extreme heat can cause the race to be postponed or the course may be shortened. On hot days extra water will be available to runners, before, during and after the race.
Any important/urgent messages before or during our event will be posted on our Facebook page/s: The King’s Daughters for CHKD, or CHKD RunWalk for the Kids and www.RunWalkfortheKids.org.
TriDuo Sports Photographers will be on the course and at the finish “Capturing Your Moment”
The 8k will timed by J&A Racing. If you are registered by April 10, 2019 your name will be printed on your bib.
Please be advised that The King's Daughters will be holding the CHKD RunWalk for the Kids which starts and finishes at Waterside District, Norfolk on Saturday, May 11, 2019 from 5:30 am - 10:30 am.
Starting at 5:30 am - 10:30 am:
- All Eastbound lanes of Waterside Drive between Main Street and St Paul’s Blvd
- All Westbound lanes of Waterside Drive between Atlantic Street and Main Street
- Southbound Boush Street between Freemason Street and Main Street
The following streets will be restricted under Norfolk Police control starting at approx. 7am. They will be reopened when the last runner passes.
- Northbound Boush Street between Main Street and Brambleton Avenue
- All lanes of Boush Street between W. Olney Rd and Brambleton Avenue
- Westbound W. Olney Rd between Boush St and W. Virginia Beach Blvd
- Southbound bike lane on Llewellyn Ave between W. Olney Rd and Shirley Ave
- All lanes of Shirley Ave between Llewellyn Ave and Colley Ave
- Northbound parking lane of Colley Ave between Shirley Ave and W. Olney Rd.
- Eastbound lanes of West Olney Rd between Mowbray Arch and Colley Avenue
- Eastbound Mowbray Arch between West Olney Rd and Botetourt
- Westbound Brambleton curb lanes from Yarmouth St to The Hague Bridge
- All lanes of W. York St between Elizabeth River Trail and Dunmore St
- All lanes of Dunmore St between W York St and College Cross
- All lanes of College Cross between Dunmore St and W. Tazewell St
- All lanes of W. Tazewell St between College Cross and Boush St
- All lanes of W. Freemason St between Boush St and Duke St
- All lanes of Duke St between W. Freemason and College Place
- All lanes of College Place between Duke and College Cross
- Water Street between Park Avenue and Waterside Drive
All streets will be under Norfolk Police control who will maintain vehicular access as needed when it is safe to do so. Route maps and schedules are available on www.runwalkforthekids.org . Thank you for your patience and understanding!
All participants and guests will be directed to the City of Norfolk Public Parking Garages. Parking fees determined by the City of Norfolk.
Look for RunWalk parking signs. Click here for event's interactive parking map.
RunWalk For The Kids is a project of The King's Daughters to benefit